Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Field Trip to Odaiba, Tokyo, and Blog post on 11/09/16





Japan has been an amazing place so far and I have only been here for two days. My host family is very kind and I like living with them. My host sister Nanako-San is very nice and tries to speak to me as much as possible. Her younger sister is very cute and energetic and her older brother is very funny. Nanako-San’s mother is also very nice and she makes delicious food such as Takoyaki (octopus balls). In America, we typically eat foods such as eggs and sausages and this morning my host mother made eggs and sausages. However, in Japan, we also ate foods such as Miso soup and rice. It was much more complex to get to school than back home. At home I just take the van to school but in Japan we rode a bike, then we went on three different trains before walking the rest of the way to school. 

After getting to school, I had to say goodbye to Nanako-San as we were going on a field trip to Odaiba. In Odaiba we went to the Miraikan museum, a museum about the various technologies that are being invented to better our world. I found this very amazing and the museum was very fun and interactive. We also saw a movie about the theory of everything that was very amazing and interesting. 

After we came back to school, Nanako-San took me to Akihabara where I was able to buy anime merchandise. After that we took the train back home and rode our bikes home. It was fun but also a little frightening. When we got home she helped me with my Japanese homework while I helped her with English. Nanako-San and her family took me out to eat sushi. It was a lot better than the sushi we have in America. All in all, it was a very fun day and I am excited to see what I get to experience tomorrow.  - Eliza

3 comments:

  1. Omg ahhhhhhh. The nostalgia is kicking me right in the jaw right now. I hope all of you have bunches of fun. 楽しむ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was by Peter btw idk why I'm anonymous.

      Delete